Paediatric First Aid
OfSTED /DFE approved. 12 hours. Not assessed
If you are looking for paediatric first aid courses in Sussex, then you have come to the right place.
This is a practically orientated training course run over 2 days to cover the required content as specified by the local authority / OfSTED.
This is very popular course for paediatric first aiders held in various venues in Sussex or in your own childcare group.
Essentially it concentrates on dealing with the issues arrising out of caring for other peoples' children and infants. There is an emphasis on the practical aspects of First Aid with Children/Infants and the course can be arranged to include group work and discussion.
Knowledge of paediatric first aid will give you confidence in case of accidents and emergencies and many of the skills listed below are transferable to an adult context.
- First Aid kit contents
- Treating an unconscious child
- Resuscitation procedures for infants, children and adults
- Choking rescue procedures for infants/children/adults)
- Asthma and Diabetic emergency procedure
- injuries to the head
- siezure/convulsions ('fitting')
- how to treat bleeding
- how to treat burns
- Dealing with sprains, strained and fractured limbs
- Ingestion of poison, insect bites and stings
- Foreign objects embedded (i.e in the ear, and other orifices!)
- Recognising childhood diseases such as meningitis, croup, measles
Paediatric First Aid courses in Sussex can be organised over 2 consecutive days or separated by days or a week.